Pages

Tuesday 3 July 2012

Big task

These days, I had many big tasks! I was confused so much, actually. However, all tasks was finished today! So I wrote what these tasks were here....

Yesterday(02.07), we had Penny's class. From two weeks ago, we HTT2012 learned the way of presentation. We did some presentations in class last year, but we now also want to improve our presentation's skill. So we asked Penny and Clari to teach us. We learned what is the most important in the presentation  or some theories about presentation itself.

In addition, from yesterday, new Beijing students came to Warwick University and started to studying. They are older than us, actually, but they are our juniors here! (because we HTT2012 have stayed here more than 10 weeks! Wow!) So Penny asked us to introduce about anything we want Beijing students to know about Britain.

At first, we all were confused because we didn't know which information is good for them or not. We also worried about our speaking skill or their listening skill. (because they have to listen to non-native speech for a long time ;() But this task was pair work and we had about one week to prepare our presentation. So we could manage to prepare our own presentation in time!

Yuuri and I talked about travelling in Britain. (London, Oxford, and Bath) And the order we presented was 4th. As I'd thought before our presentation, Beijing students' attention were scattered before our presentation..... How sad it was..... But, anyway, I tried to speak loudly and ask some questions to them. Although I don't know whether it was good or not, some students laughed at our presentation! I became very happy! So I think our presentation was succeeded!

After our presentations, we talked with them in small groups. In my group, they told about where they want to visit, or they asked me where I've already been. I became more happy because they remembered I talked about travelling or they are interested in Japan. However, I couldn't say about China.... Actually I thought like this when HTT2012, Kansai University students and Hong Kong students were gathered and discussed our thought. I couldn't say anything about Hong Kong..... Now I study English in Britain, so maybe it's more important to think about Britain. However, I also think it's important to know about other Asian countries' culture.....

Oh, very long sentence! So sorry for your difficulty reading this.....
And now I decided to divide the contents. ww


1 comment:

  1. You and Yuuri did a very good presentation!!
    It was quite useful, I think.
    And we had a lovely talking with Beijing students:)
    I want to see them again!
    Then, I'm looking forward to seeing your next post, too:P

    ReplyDelete